Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ok, so I am a total slacker. I have still not finished the book for September. And October is already more than half way over. So, I want to know what everybody wants to do. I want to read the book. I really like our book club and I want it to keep going. And I am really excited for the book my Mom has chosen. The one we are supposed to be reading now. Anyway, I was thinking that the schedule doesn't really matter too much right? We could just allow 2 or 3 more weeks to finish Swiss Family Robinson(well, for me to finish it), and then move on to The Outsiders. And then continue one from there. I suppose this needed to be discussed also. What does everyone want to do after that book. No one else has volunteered to pick a book after that. So, should we end it after that, or should we start over with the same order of people? I would really like some feedback, please?

Sorry guys, I feel like I have messed everything up.

3 comments:

  1. I have also not finished Swiss Family Robinson but I could have it done in the next few weeks. I am really enjoying the book club and would like to continue with it and I think we could start over with the same order or we could mix it up. I would say if we are going to skip a month maybe have it be December since everyone gets busy with Christmas.

    Heidi you haven't messed anything up and I love that you have started a family book club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Lynsey!

    I'm still reading Swiss Family Robinson, slowly but surely. (I love the short chapters!) I'm really enjoying it! Please, please, PLEASE don't end the book club. I think we could start over with the same order. Maybe some will not want to chose a book this time, and maybe some new people will. It is SO nice to have this connection with our family. I'm so glad you got this going. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!! I was feeling pretty down about it. I'm so glad you want to keep it going. I do too. I think that Lynsey has a great idea. I think we should start up again in December. We are getting into the very busy part of the year. So, we will discuss The Swiss Family Robinson in December if that is ok. And then go on from there. I am going to make another post explaining everything and I will send out an email to everyone asking who would like to choose a book the second time around. And if some would like to change the order, that is fine too. Thanks for your help Aimee and Lynsey, I love you guys so much!!

    ReplyDelete