Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Book for September

Hi everybody! So as I think you all know my pick for our book this month is "The Swiss Family Robinson". I thought I would be very familiar with this story because I watched the movie quite alot of times growing up. After reading the book I have found that like most books turned into movies there is much more to it than I thought. I enjoyed reading this book very much. It took a long time to get through it because I was reading it out loud to Joseph, but I think he enjoyed it also. I would read to him at night and also whenever he was in the tub taking a bath. Anyway I enjoyed this book and hope you all will to.

Ben

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! And it's wonderful that you read stuff to the little guy that is "above" his typical understanding level for his age. I suspect that he's getting a lot of it, more than we even imagine. And I also suspect that the story is just as wonderful in his mind even if it's quite a different story from what you experienced. Having a mom like you will put him way ahead of other kids his age. He'll be able to read and WILLING to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben,

    I'm excited to read it. I went to the library this afternoon and checked it out. I think I am going to copy your idea and start reading it to Luke and Shelby. Thanks again Ben, it was good to talk to you the other day. Love you,

    ~Heidi~

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I mentioned to someone a few months ago that you read this book to Joseph they assumed it was the abridged version. Heck, no! Way to raise a kid, Ben! I read this many years ago, so I know I have a copy of it. I just can't find it. I refuse to give up, though. The search continues......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will get myself a copy of The Swiss Family Robinson by this weekend, Bunion! Can't wait to read it after loving the movie for practically my whole life. Thanks for picking this book. Also, let me add my joy over you having read this to your little Joseph man. Oustanding. You are STELLAR!

    ReplyDelete