Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Guide Me To Eternity



Well it's April and the book I have chosen is Guide Me To Eternity. I read it years ago when my Uncle Anthony recommended it to me just after my Aunt Maryanne had passed. I was having a hard time with her passing and this book really helped me.

I have to warn you though this book should be read with a box of Kleenex near by. It is the true story of how a husband and wife's love reaches beyond time and through the veil.

You can find copies of it on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.. I also have a copy and am willing to share with whoever wants to come and get it.

4 comments:

  1. I have my copy coming in the mail. I got it super cheap from my new favorite online book store. Owl Books! Does it get any better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Jocie, I will have to check that out. I ordered mine from amazon and it still has not come. I ordered it back in the middle of March. I am so mad. So, I guess I will have to go to a book store and find a copy. I can't believe we are already half way into April!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just reading Heidi's comment before making mine. I had to laugh at the idea of Heidi being mad. It must be the cutest thing on earth!

    Anyway, gang, please forgive me for not getting "with" this book club thing yet. I really intended to do so, but my counsellor has me reading a Viktor Frankl thing right now which, though small, is pretty heavy stuff. Even a few pages leaves me sort of tired, because every phrase seems to have been carefully crafted to promote the greatest amount of thought about the largest number of great ideas. But please don't throw us out of the family just yet. First chance we get, we'll be right there with you.

    Let me say honestly, though, that the subject matter for April sounds a bit too close to my own experience for me to get excited about living or reliving it.

    I'm proud that our family has such a thing as a reading club. I think that makes us a pretty special bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I've read it. Pretty good. A very moving story. Hope I could be that strong under the same circumstances.

    so do we have a book for May?

    ReplyDelete