Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society


I am a few months late in posting this, I'm very sorry to say.  I've had this book picked out for a long while, but haven't done anything about it.  Then I started re-reading it last week and I am loving it all over again and I just have to share it with you! 

This book is takes place just after WWII and is mostly about the German occupation of the island of Guernsey.  It is not written in the usual chapter format of most novels.  The story is told through letters that are written and sent between the characters of the book.  It does make it a little hard to keep track of the characters at first, but I promise it does get easier the further you get into the book.  By the end you know and love everyone.  Well, you probably won't love everyone, but close to everyone.  And you will understand why the book has such a funny title. 

Love to all of you,
Aimee



No comments:

Post a Comment