Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Book for February



So, I should have done this a few days ago. Oops. My bad!

Anyway, Thanks Mom(Johanna) for choosing "The Outsiders". I think we all enjoyed it very much.

And now onto my book. "The Diary of Anne Frank". I haven't read it in years. I don't remember how old I was when I read it. But i do remember loving it. It is a sad read. But it is also a sweet read. She was such an amazing girl. I wish I could have known her. I have always been fascinated by stories and anything that has to do with the holocaust. I hope you don't think I am insensitive. I know it is all so sad, and you may think I am weird. But I just love reading about it. As much as it breaks my heart. I love books, movies, or songs that provoke great emotion. I love to feel for people. It's a weird addiction, if that is even the word for it. I'm not sure. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it. I look forward to your thoughts and opinions. I love you all so much. We have an awesome family!! Oh, I'm so lucky.


side note, Lyns, if you have chosen a book for March, could you either post it on here or let me know what it is so I can post it? Thanks. Love you much!!

1 comment:

  1. Like you, dear Heidi, I feel for people and I love to do so. My trouble seems to be that I can't stop when it's time to stop. Indeed, sometimes it feels sinful for me to be so unempathetic that I don't go through what they all went through. "They" who? All the people of the past who have lived and worked and loved each other just as we live now in families and extended families and do our work and love each other so much that it hurts.

    If you ever get curious about what Uncle Jim sees all the time in his mind's eye, look up such words as Armenian Massacres, Jewish Holocaust, Ivan IV and the city of Novgorod, Pol Pot, Fort Pillow, and the color your tears turn when the cancer reaches your liver and begins to win.

    Knowing as I do, where little Anne went and how she died, how can I read of her life and fall in love with this child? But I might yet give it a try.

    Love,
    Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete