Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Art Thief

I realize that I am in charge of March and that it is February now. But I thought I would just give you all a good head start, and so we will be reviewing this book at the end of March and the next book will be in April, chosen by Lynsey. 

I have never read this book before, but from reading the back it sounded very good. It sort of reminds me of the movie, "To Catch a Thief", with Cary Grant and Grace Kelly. Except in this case it is an art thief instead of a jewell thief, and I don't think there is any romance, sorry. I have never heard of the author before but from reading reviews, I gather that he is very talented. I am really excited to read it because I love mystery's and suspense. And it turns into quite the chase going from country to country all over Europe. You will also learn a lot about art history and Europe in this book, so I figure it will be worth our time. I hope you all enjoy it, and look forward to reading your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I ordered it from Amazon last night, 1.59 plus 3.99 shipping. Thanks for starting the club, love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not rebels, just a little broke. We'll get to the official club book whenever we can. Some months, yes. Some months, no I hope everyone enjoys this one.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete